Friday, June 3, 2011

Educational Goals!

That title sounds like I really know what I'm doing! I like that. Because I don't plan what I write, and sounding like I have a plan in mind sounds very professional.

Anyways, the point of that title was to say that I think I'd like to get a doctorate. Not exactly sure what subject yet, but it'll be something useful. But yeah. That was the decision this week.

I was watching Big Bang Theory all this week! (Also, I'm using crutches. Irrelevant, yet still interesting. I hurt my foot slightly). And there was this really, really geeky part. One of the guys was playing one of those text-based games. If you've never seen those, it's like a video game. But it's only text on a black screen. And you input your movements. So it's like this:

You are in a forest. There is forest to the west. There is a path to the east.
Input:
Go east

There is a forest to the west. There is a field to the east. In the field, there is a tree.
Input:
Go to the tree.

And it goes on just like that,
for quite a while. It's kind of boring, and very geeky. Anyways, I thought it was sad that I've actually played stuff like that. It's like, ultimate geekness when you identify with stuff like that show. (Equally geeky is when relationships don't work "because we're not the same kind of geek". It's actually very funny).

Also, I think I've officially decided. I'm a dog person, not a cat person. It's because I don't think I'd like having to wonder whether my pet likes me or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts, or just say hi!