I'm going to be number 29 on my ball hockey and ultimate teams!!
No seriously, that was the very important news. #29 like Aaron Rome! WOOO!!
Also, the captain was all, "we might even win more, since we've got a lot of people like you on the team, who play hockey."
Yeah, that's right - I'm gonna be a super allstaron this team!!
Also, I made these:
And I hate flashcards. But I figured that, well, in ten years of French, I've never given 'em a go, so why not?
I know why not now. IT IS BECAUSE THEY ARE SUPER LAME.
On a sidenote, there is no snow and I am disappointed. I know I grew up without snow, and blah blah blah, but I had it last year and NOW I AM DISAPPOINTED!
(This may be passive aggressive anger diverted from being so very pale now. Well, whatevs)
You may be wondering what on Earth I've been doing with all my time lately. Classes ended on the 2nd, and even then, I only had one class that day. That gives me exactly 18 days to take 4 finals. To reiterate: I have about 6 hours worth of exams to write. AND I HAVE 18 DAYS.
(Also, of course two of those would be on the same exact day. Do you know what the chances of that are? POINT THREE PERCENT.)
(Ironically, I learned that math from one of the classes I have a final for)
Anyways. Besides studying (which takes up roughly 80jillion percent of my time), this is what I do with my 18 DAYS OF UTTER BOREDOM AND EMPTY-CAMPUS-NESS
1. I've cleaned my room like 6 times. Unfortunately, it gets messy again a day later.
2. I just did laundry. (Ignore the fact that this is the first time in like, 3 weeks. I have a lot of clothes, it takes a while to actually have to do laundry out of necessity)
3. I made cake pops with my friend!
4. Hmm... I've also watched a ton of South Park
5. And Nip/Tuck, once. Won't be making that mistake again for a while. (Because - EEEWWWW!!!)
6. Hm. Hm. Hm. I've read a ton of blogs and stuff.
7. Did I mention I've seen every single episode of South Park ever made? Every. Single. One. And they're only twenty minutes each, so that didn't exactly take up much time.
8. I got my term paper for English back today - I got a CANADIAN A-. I am SO SO HAPPY WITH THAT!! Like, I told my friend, and she was all "...WOW..."
9. I went Christmas shopping..? Got like. One thing.
10. Tried to get skates... and the sales guy talked me out of it. I'm still kinda confused about that one.
11. I got an extra point on a test, and half point on the scientific reasoning midterm. He's really not a very good grader.
11. If you haven't noticed by now, this isn't a very long list.
12. And a lot of things on it are pretty boring.
13. And only took up about 30 minutes each, tops.
I'm basically bored out of my mind at this point. SIX MORE DAYS!!
PS - I have a new mission in life: GETTING AUTOGRAPHED PICTURES FROM NHL PLAYERS!! Apparently you can send something and 3 months later, it gets signed! Possibly.
PPS- Reason # 875 that French grammar is super hard: They have an "adverb". It modifies a verb. For example, the word "vite" is an adverb. (I guess that means... quickly? Know what's super weird? I've started to forget the translations of words, and just know them like... if you see a car going fast, you just think, vite. WEIRD RIGHT?) Anyhow, know what else is an adverb? Let us not forget that it's adVERB. "Very" is an adverb. THAT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.
"That car is fast" has an adverb. "That car is very" doesn't make sense. SO DON'T CALL "VERY" AN ADVERB. It's modifying an ADJECTIVE. It's an... adadjective. Or whatever. AUIOEFSWEUXPCU FRENCH MAKES NO SENSE SOMETIMES
1. That they exist
2.That I can have two on the same day! Who even does that?!?!
3. Also, they give you two and a half hours for each one. TWO AND A HALF HOURS. It takes an HOUR to write. What are they allowing time for, people who want to read it backwards?!
I have a French exam on Friday, and then English on Monday. SO SUPER EXCITING*
Also, here's a slightly more interesting/less whiney list!
1. Canadian retail is funny! I went to buy new skates, and the salesguy talked me out of new skates and into coming back to get my skates fixed. Cool dude, but how do they stay in business? "Oh, that? You don't want that. Seriously. Here's a way to spend like, twenty bucks. Go throw a party with the two hundred you just saved! We'll just not make money today. It's cool."
2. There's a new Taylor Swift song! Or video. Or whatever. It's supposedly on that Speak Now album, but we have it, and it so wasn't on that album. Also, today's her birthday, I think?
3. My birthday is in 62 days. I felt you all should know that. I'm going to be TWENTY! NOT A TEENAGER TWENTY!
4. Also, there's a lot of ink on my fingers from that whiteboard thingy I have on my closet door.