Friday, August 27, 2010

First few days in Canada!

It's really great up here so far. There was a thunderstorm in Richmond and it's cold like October in California, but other than that, everything is awesome.
When we were at the airport in SF, I think it was intern-training week. All these guys were out on the runway wearing yellow vests, following their instructor (the guy in the orangey red vest) around like duckings:
Everywhere he went, they'd all follow him, the entire time they were sitting there at the terminal.

This is our plane, after we landed at the Vancouver airport.
All the suitcases fit in the car, except you couldn't exactly see out the back window.


We got heaps accomplished today and yesterday, including getting this phone, which I have not named yet:
And also getting a driver's license! You're not allowed to smile for those. I think Canadians are trying to give off the impression that they're very serious people, between the driver's license and the passport. Although the guy who took the picture for my student card said "you can smile, it's not like the passport" haha.
It's funny how nice everyone is here. Even the lady at the DMV was really friendly.
And just one last thing- I looked up hockey stores in Vancouver, and the options are endlessly. I've definitely come to the right place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts, or just say hi!